HOLY Hard Batman

Healthy means eating right and exercising, we all know that. I just wish it were as simple as it sounds. To some degree it is, but when you get down to the nitty gritty making healthy food choices all the time is hard, virtually impossible if you have any type of a social life. Weekdays tend to be my best days and the weekends tend to be tougher. During the week it’s all routine, I plan out my meals and prep them all, so it’s easy. But the weekends, dang it’s hard. We tend to be on the go a lot and that means eating out. 90% of the time I make the right decisions and feel good about it. The other 10% of the time, I order “off plan” for at least one meal. It’s a careful balance because if I am not careful one “off plan” meal can turn into an “off plan” day. 
Eating right, for me, is the one thing that is the hardest out of this whole equation. I tend to avoid social situations if I am not feeling mentally strong enough to say no to the unhealthy foods. The exercising part, at least for me, is the easy part. I have that part down pat. So why is the eating part so so hard?? And why is it easy to negate your workout with food?? It’s just not fair. And I don’t think it’s supposed to be. Life is a struggle and this one particular aspect is my biggest struggle. Some days I wish I didn’t care so much and put in so much effort, some days I wish I would just give up. Other days, I am focused on my goal and nothing can derail me from that. I strive for those days to keep me going. I want every day to be a “focused on the goals” day, but life doesn’t work that way. Again, it’s just not fair. But again, its not supposed to be. My goal is to do the very best I can every day and be proud of what I have accomplished given the circumstances for that day. No two days are the same, ever. What matters is how you handle the day and the circumstances it brings. Every day is a choice, your attitude, your meals, your exercise, etc., it’s all your choice. The good news is that you are in charge of it all. You make good choices for your health and you get healthier. You make poor choices for your health and, well you know what happens. It’s all up to you. It’s your life, your body and your choices. What are you going to choose?? How are you going to take each new day and make it yours?? It’s all up to you, I urge you to make good choices, your body will thank you for it. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s